So, you want to go shopping on Black Friday. You’ve heard of some pretty amazing sales, and you definitely don’t want to miss them, but you would also like to keep your sanity and have enough energy to drive your haul back home! Pretty simple, right? Well, for anyone who has ever ventured into a mall on this notoriously busy day knows that “simple” is probably the least accurate word to describe Black Friday shopping!
Fear Not! We have the best tips on how to survive Black Friday shopping, so you can keep your savings AND your sanity this year.
Black Friday Survival Guide
- Go to bed early to make sure you’re giving your body enough rest to tackle the day ahead! This shouldn’t be a problem, as the tryptophan in your perfect Thanksgiving turkey should help you fall asleep earlier.
- Ditch the coffee! Yes, you read that correctly. Skipping the crazy lines at your local coffee shop not only helps you avoid unnecessary calories from your flavored latte, it also helps you avoid the caffeine-withdrawal crash later in the day! Instead, opt for your favorite flavor of Thermo-Boost®, and be sure to bring an extra pack, just in case. The natural herbal ingredients will give you the energy you want with the nutrients your body needs.
- Have a plan for which stores you’d like to visit, and what items you’re hoping to find. This way, you won’t get sucked in to stores and sales that you’re really not that interested in, and you can stay focused on what you want.
- Avoid the greasy and unhealthy food court meal options by planning ahead! Pack a cooler with on-plan fruits and veggies, and of course your favorite Thermo-Snacks®. Try making a tasty chicken wrap for lunch, as well!
- Be sure to take all of your nutritional supplements, especially your B-Slim™ Vitamin B12 + Folate and your favorite Metabolizer Herbs blend, to keep your energy levels high and your metabolism boosted throughout the day!
- Wear comfortable shoes, because you’ll be walking. A lot. Which is a perfect way to help your body recalibrate and get back on track after your delicious Thanksgiving feast!
- Stay hydrated! Bring a refillable water bottle with you, and use your SlimGenics Food Journal to track your water intake, which supplements you’ve already taken, and what on-plan foods you’ve consumed.