Summer is just around the corner, and with it comes a slew of events. From graduations to Labor Day barbeques, we all have reasons to get slimmer by summer – what big event are you getting ready for? With that big event in mind, now is the perfect time to refocus your efforts to lose weight and achieve a healthier new you.
The first step in becoming slimmer by summer is to recognize that we all have goals and something to strive towards. Whether it is fitting into that dress from last year that you’ve been avoiding, or gaining the confidence to hit the pool in a new bathing suit, your goals are what propel you to success. And as we all know, a goal without a plan is just a wish, so here is your guide to becoming Slimmer by Summer in just 5 easy STEPs!
- Define your goal. Even if you have already started a SlimGenics® Program, you can set an individual goal of reaching a certain weight by the time your event comes up. Talk to your Program Advisor about your schedule and your goal—they will help you get there!
- Make it tangible. Go ahead and buy that dress, pair of pants or bathing suit in the size you want to be by the time of your event. Hang this item somewhere you can see it – in the bathroom, by your front door, or even in the kitchen – so you have a physical and daily reminder of your commitment to achieving your goal.
- Visit your Center regularly. Accountability is the name of the game when you are trying to reach a goal quickly. When you know someone is going to be keeping you in line, you are more likely to make good choices! So, put it on your calendar to visit your Center at least 3 times per week, and treat it like any other appointment—no cancelling!
- Incorporate variety. It’s been said that variety is the spice of life, so let’s make things interesting! Eat produce from every color of the rainbow, switch up your proteins, and most importantly, try new things to keep your weight loss momentum going! With the updated meal plan on the new STEP™ Program, incorporating variety is even easier! Be sure to chat with your Program Advisor about the different options available to you with our new program.
- Celebrate success! Every five pounds you drop, do something special for yourself. Whether that means going to a farmer’s market to pick up some new on-plan foods to try, or hitting the mall for a reward, remember to celebrate all of your accomplishments, as it’s the small accomplishments that pave the way for larger ones!
And, as always, check back here regularly for tips and healthy recipes to help you get slimmer by summer!