About Our Program
Can Youth participate in the SlimGenics program?
SlimGenics is proud of its successful track record of helping young people learn healthy habits early in life that they can take into adulthood. Our Youth Healthy Eating Program helps young people develop healthy eating habits while providing education on making healthy and nutritious food choices at home, at school and when out with their peers. Enrollment for youth ages 10-17 is easy and FREE with enrollment of parent or guardian*–schedule a FREE consultation today to learn more. All individuals under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a legal guardian at enrollment.
*Some Restrictions Apply. Free Youth Program Includes Program Set-Up and 30 Weeks of Services. Requires the purchase of an Adult Program and Youth Starter Pack of $143.
How much will my program cost?
Program Service Fees are normally $5/week with full program enrollment. Program includes a personalized nutritional profile, body fat analysis, four-phase weight loss/weight management program and materials, nutritional curriculum and one-on-one support up to six visits per week. All nutritional supplements are sold separately.
A SlimGenics Advisor will explain the program details and all costs during your Free, No-Obligation Consultation so you can make an informed decision about whether SlimGenics is the right weight-loss partner for you.
Is exercise a part of the SlimGenics® Program?
Yes and no. While activity is encouraged as part of a healthy lifestyle, you will lose weight on the SlimGenics Program with or without exercise. You may find that after you begin to lose weight you will have more energy to want to begin an exercise regimen or just be more active. We encourage this, as long as you consult your doctor first.
Is the SlimGenics® Weight-Loss Program new?
No, the SlimGenics Program has been around over a decade. Since 2003, SlimGenics has provided a comprehensive approach to weight loss and weight management, and tens of thousands of people have lost weight and maintained their results using our programs.
What does the SlimGenics® Weight-Loss Program entail?
- Nutrition – A balanced daily food plan tailored to your goals.
- Support – One-on-one counseling with a knowledgeable Program Advisor up to six times a week.
- Education – Ongoing weight-loss education through books, videos, blogs and newsletters.
- Healthy Living – Personalized advice for creating the habits you need for long-term weight management and a healthy lifestyle.
Can I enroll if I have had bariatric surgery?
Yes. SlimGenics can provide a nutritious food plan, support and advice post-surgery, and recommendations for nutritional supplements to help you with a healthy recovery and long-term weight control.
Can I participate in the SlimGenics® Program if I have a medical condition?
Yes. Your health and well-being are our primary concern, so our team:
- Takes your health history and current medical condition into account when developing your nutritional program.
- Monitors your blood pressure and charts your general wellness during counseling visits.
- Works with your physician to gain his or her authorization for you to proceed and provides updates along the way.
Every day, we work with people with:
- High blood pressure
- Heart conditions
- High cholesterol
- Arthritis and joint pain
- Thyroid disease
- Multiple sclerosis
Not only do they lose weight on our program, but some improve their overall health enough to reduce or eliminate medications, saving money and removing this dependency.
What will I eat while I’m doing the SlimGenics® Program?
Your program includes an individualized food plan that provides a balanced diet, based on real foods you can find at your favorite grocery stores and restaurants—so you never feel hungry, deprived or bored. You eat:
- Dairy Products
- Healthy Fats
Some foods and beverages—like colas—are restricted while you’re losing weight, but they’re gradually added back into your diet after you reach your goal weight. If you have food intolerances, sensitivities or are a vegetarian, we have specialized food plans to accommodate your needs.
Will I eat pre-packaged meals?
No, with the SlimGenics® Program, you enjoy meals that you can prepare at home or order at most restaurants, instead of expensive pre-packaged meals.
How do I know I'll be successful on this program?
We guarantee your results. As long as you follow your personal food and snack plan and meet with our Program Advisors at least three times a week, you will be able to reach your goal weight. When you follow the plan 100 percent, you will have 100 percent success—it’s that simple.
How does the SlimGenics® Program work?
Our weight-loss program works in several ways:
Your program is customized for you based on how much weight you want to lose, your age, gender, activity level and general health.
Your food plan incorporates all of the food groups in a balanced way to create a “thermogenic response” in your body. This helps boost your metabolism and enables your body to burn fat for fuel so you shed pounds.
Your program includes the accountability of frequent one-on-one counseling—so you lose weight consistently with fewer plateaus and receive the advice and answers to any questions you have. This also reinforces the healthy habits necessary for long-term success.
How fast will I lose weight?
This is different for everyone, but healthy people who follow their SlimGenics® nutrition plans can lose 1 to 2 pounds a week on average, and many achieve faster results. How fast you lose weight depends on your age, gender, health history, activity level and starting weight. Also, some medical conditions and medications can slow down weight loss. If this is true for you, we’ll let you know during your initial consultation.
Will I maintain my weight loss after I complete the program?
Every week of the four-phase, SlimGenics® Program is designed to teach you how to be an effective weight manager for life. Throughout the first three phases, you:
- Receive the in-depth information and education you need to help you understand the science of losing weight, nutrition, meal-timing essentials, and managing cravings and patterns during your weight-loss journey,.
- Identify the root causes of weight gain:
- Weight-related hormones
- Gut health
- Gain new healthy habits you can use throughout your life. You practice shopping for and cooking healthy meals, mindful eating, stress management, moving past plateaus and how to avoid saboteurs.
- Learn to use weight-loss tools like nutritionally balanced recipes, food journals and nutritional supplements.
- Access resources like our blog and community forum for ongoing support.
The program doesn’t end when you reach your goal weight. The final phase is dedicated exclusively to weight management. This gives you the confidence and ability to apply everything you learned to maintain your healthy weight goal. We want this to be the last weight-loss program you ever need.
When will my counseling visits be?
Whenever you want. The only appointment you need is for your initial consultation. After you enroll in your program, you simply come in at your convenience. You can be in and out in 15 minutes. Visit as often as you like—up to six times a week. The more often you visit, the better your results will be.
Why is it important to visit your SlimGenics® Program Advisors?
Our one-on-one counseling is key to your success for a few reasons:
- No matter how diligent you are, you may make mistakes. Our Program Advisors can identify and correct behaviors that negatively affect weight loss so nothing will slow down your progress.
- Our In-Center Program Advisors monitor your blood pressure, take your measurements, track your weight loss and encourage you every step of the way—so you receive constant feedback and accountability to support you in losing weight.
- Each week, our Program Advisors walk you through a new weight-loss lesson designed to complement your nutritional plan and help you achieve lasting results.
We recommend that you meet with our Program Advisors 3-6 times a week. The more you visit, the better your results will be.
Will I attend group meetings?
You will only attend one short group meeting at the start of your program where you receive general information about your nutritional program and what to expect on your weight-loss journey. It’s a great opportunity to ask questions and receive helpful tips from a knowledgeable Program Advisor. For the remainder of your program, you will receive one-on-one attention from Program Advisors committed to you and your success.
Will I be assigned to one Program Advisor?
No. Since there are no appointments, you work with a variety of Program Advisors. But don’t worry, all SlimGenics® Program Advisors are trained professionals who are passionate about helping you reach your goals. Some are even former SlimGenics clients who want to share their success by helping others. You’re always in good hands.