Don’t let those April showers get you down! On rainy nights I love to just relax with some good food. My go-to meal is some yummy Chinese food. But rather than the high-fat, high-sodium delivery food, try your hand at cooking your own delicious takeout-inspired meal with this awesome recipe, a fresh and healthy take on a Chinese-food favorite.
- 6 ounces chicken breast, cubed
- ¼ cup quinoa, cooked
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 small apple, chopped
- 1 teaspoon orange peel, grated
- juice from ½ fresh orange
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 package Creamy Chicken Soup Thermo-Snack
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¾ teaspoon water
- ¼ teaspoon Morton® Lite Salt
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Brown chicken in a skillet sprayed with an olive oil mister.
- Add quinoa, green onion, garlic, apple, celery, orange peel, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Stir to combine.
- Mix water, orange juice and Thermo-Snack in a separate bowl and add to skillet.
- Bring to a boil and pour into casserole dish.
- Cover and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and stir in chopped parsley.
- Voila! You’ve got healthy, homemade takeout.