Often times, when August hits it can feel like the fun of summer is coming to an end, which is why we love celebrating National Family Fun Month in August! Before you start bringing out the brown paper lunch bags and dividing up the school supplies, pick a few days this month that will be dedicated to having family fun – and be sure to use this list of activities to help your family get up and active.
National Family Fun Month Activities
- Host a family game night! Take turns picking out games, and invite other families to join in on the fun. Take a look at these “SlimGenics approved” recipes to share.
- Head to an amusement park and spend the day walking around and enjoying the rides, just be sure to pack your own snacks to avoid the excess sodium, sugars and fat that is hidden in the park food.
- Backyard movie nights are a great way to bring families together for a fun night outdoors. Drape a sheet from the back of your house, and play your favorite movies from a projector – don’t forget the popcorn cauliflower!
- Make a family dinner together. This Spinach and Pepper Pizza recipe is a healthy alternative to delivery pizza! Gather all of your favorite on-plan toppings, and let everyone create their own culinary masterpiece.
- Go to the zoo or an interactive museum, and be sure to drink plenty of water throughout the day.
- Rearrange some furniture to turn your living room into party central! Turn on your favorite dance music, whip out the disco ball, and dance the night away.
Do you have another fun family night activity? Share it with us and other readers on our Facebook page!