One of the most difficult things for people trying to lose weight and maintain their new healthy weight, is overcoming cravings for things that can completely derail their progress! Avoiding unhealthy choices like junk food and high-sodium foods is important, but depriving yourself of what you really want can be just as detrimental. Instead of always saying “NO” to snack-time cravings, try any one of these SlimGenics approved healthy snacks – you’ll be glad you did!
Sweet Treats to Beat Cravings
- Grilled Pineapple – Slice pineapple into 1/4-inch thick rounds and grill for 2 minutes on each side, or until golden. 2 slices per serving.
- Berries and Oats – 1/2 cup fresh berries served with a side of 1/4 cup steel cut oats, cooked in water, and sprinkled with a dash of cinnamon.
- Apple Pie Muffins
- Baked Apple – 1 tennis ball-sized apple, cored and filled with 1 teaspoon Splenda® Brown Sugar Blend, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, and baked at 325 degrees F until tender.
- S’mores Ice Cream
- Pumpkin Pie Yogurt – 1/2 cup low-fat Plain Greek Yogurt, 1 tablespoon pumpkin puree, dash of cinnamon, nutmeg and clove
Delicious Skinny Savory Snacks
- Carrots and hummus
- Kale Chips – 3/4 cup raw kale, stems removed, lightly sprayed with 1 teaspoon of olive oil, baked at 400 degrees F until crisp.
- Buffalo Shrimp
- Cucumber Salad – Mix 1 large cucumber, sliced, with 2 tablespoons red onion, chipped, and 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar.
- Guacamole Stuffed Peppers
- Homemade tortilla chips, made from a 6″ corn tortilla, with 1/4 cup salsa.