If you’re a SlimGenics client, then you’re already well versed in the affects of water on weight loss. What you might not know is how water can affect your overall health. According to the Mayo Clinic, “water is your body’s principal chemical component and makes up about 60 percent of your body weight. Every system in your body depends on water.”
We recommend drinking 80 ounces of water every day, and increasing your intake on days with extra physical activity or caffeine consumption. While 80 ounces per day may feel like a lot, it’s vital for the body to function properly!
Health Benefits of Drinking Enough Water
- Helps convert food to energy – carbohydrates and proteins are transported by water through the bloodstream.
- Flushes out toxins – water eliminates toxic waste through sweat and urination.
- Carries nutrients and oxygen to your cells, and increases nutrient absorption
- Regulates the body’s internal temperature
- Water is a hunger suppressant
- Improves skin complexion – water moisturizes the skin, keeping it soft, smooth and glowing. It also plumps the skin cells, helping to eliminate wrinkles!
- Many hunger cravings are a result of dehydration
- Drinking enough water will help the body release excess water from cells through digestion – a.k.a. eliminating ‘water weight’
- Dehydration can lead to an 8 pound weight gain every year
- Balances the lymph system, which fights infections
- Moistens oxygen, making it easier to breathe
- Increases brain health, and is a natural headache remedy
- Balances electrolytes
- Prevents cramps and sprains – proper hydration provides a cushion for joints, and muscles become more elastic
Cheers to health!